Follow these guidelines when selecting single-use gloves.
- Approved Gloves – Are for single use only when handling food.
- Disposable Gloves – Select only single-use gloves for handling food. DO NOT wash and reuse them.
- Different Types – Select the Right glove for the Right task. Poly gloves, for example, should be used for quick service tasks while different color gloves are for different tasks.
- Multiple Sizes – Provide gloves of varying sizes. Gloves that are too big will not stay on. Those that are too small will tear or rip easily.
- Latex Alternatives – Latex gloves are used in the foodservice industry. Some food handlers and customers may be sensitive to latex. Consider selecting gloves made from other materials like vinyl, nitrile, synthetic, and poly.