National Chocolate with Almonds Day is observed annually on July 8th. What a great combination to enjoy. It is also filled with added health benefits!
When it comes to adding almonds to chocolate, the options are plentiful. From cakes to chocolate bars, puddings to cookies we can celebrate National Chocolate with Almonds Day with snacks and desserts galore!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF ALMONDS:
- reduce the risk of heart attack
- lower ‘bad’ cholesterol
- protects artery walls from damage
- help build healthy bones and teeth
- provide healthy fats and aid in weight loss
- lower the rise in blood sugar and insulin after meals
- help provide good brain function
- nourish the nervous system
- alkalize the body
HOW TO OBSERVE
To celebrate here is a Chocolate Almond Cake recipe for you to enjoy. Post photos on social media using #ChocolateWithAlmondsDay.
Source: National Day Calendar